Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jane Eyre continued

I'm officially done with the novel which means one book completed for my Dusty Volumes Challenge! I cheered as Jane ran from Mr. Rochester and screamed at St. John's horrible twist of scripture. Telling someone that it is their duty to God to have sex and produce children with you isn't doing God's work, it's rape! I love Jane for standing up for herself and I was actually happy that she lived the life she choose based on her own happiness. I still don't like Mr. Rochester, but they obviously love each other and in the end that's all that matters.

On a side note, I forgot to mention in the last blog that the random language barrier in Jane Eyre was frustrating. The random statements in French or German were so random and I never really understood what Adele was saying. At least it didn't take away from the overall point or theme.

2 comments:

  1. Love the review! I, too, just finished Jane Eyre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my list for the Dusty Volumes too...but I keep procrastinating reading it. Maybe it's because I've seen so many movie versions. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete