Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dreamcatcher

This is my second book completed for the Stephen King challenge. I'm happy to report that I enjoyed Dreamcatcher a lot more than The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. I thought the book was completely captivating, which it needs to be considering it's almost 900 pages. I loved the story of the five boys and teh back and forth between their current situation and their past. The middle section focusing on the military aspect of the situation seemed too seperated from what I was believing to be the original plot. I felt there could have been a better way to introduce the military actions without creating another set of characters. the Kuntz story seemed to mainstream for me. I wish King had focused on the five men with only minor military sidebars. Either way, I still enjoyed the book and I have faith now for the rest of this challenge!

1 comment:

  1. My husband just listened to Dreamcatcher and he said he thinks it's his new favorite Stephen King novel. I haven't read it yet. I saw the movie and usually I don't read the book after I know what happens.

    ReplyDelete